Wednesday 20 July 2011

Give more than you take: PART II (June 20, 2011)

I'd like to give you a quick follow up to my last blog which outlined several of the ways that a small amount of money can make a big difference in the life of someone here in Kenya.  I am leaning strongly towards supporting the local orphanage, which may include donating much needed supplies as well as money for school fees.  While I still think that the idea of collecting guttered rain water is really promising, I feel like the implementation of this might be out of the scope of what I can achieve on this trip.

I plan on organizing a trip to the orphanage in the next couple of weeks to visit the children and talk to the manager about the orphanage's needs.  If you're interested in contributing to the cause, stay tuned for my future blog about the trip and how we can help provide for some of these childrens' needs!  Again, if you have any feedback or idea on how we might best support the orphanage, I welcome the comments!

1 comment:

  1. A good choice indeed! I'm really interested in this... I wonder what the population of the children is like in the orphanage (parents are passed away? Is that the only reason for children to be in an orphanage in Kenya...)

    ReplyDelete