Saturday 20 August 2011

Super successful donation campaign! (August 21, 2011)

I want to say an enormous "THANK YOU" to everyone I know (and those I don't know) who gave so generously to the orphanage/school fundraiser.  Together, we raised:

$917 plus two full suitcases of supplies that were donated to the orphanage.

AMAZING!

Yesterday, Warren and I have a very successful trip to the orphanage, where we delivered all of the supplies that you sent as well as about $130 of supplies that we purchased here.  That means that we still have $800, which will be delivered to Sarah Higgins this week to fund that building of a fence around Ruberi Primary School's new fish pond so that fish protein can be part of lunch time starting in September. Our $800 will cover almost all of the cost of the fence project!

Time is short this morning, but I look forward to updating you with a much more detailed blog and pictures in a week or so, when I return from my week away with Warren.

Thank you again to those who have been so supportive!

No comments:

Post a Comment